Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Growing Strong in Faith 8-4-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Word of God made flesh, dwelling among us, now dwelling within us by Your Holy Spirit. I welcome You and embrace You, as You dwell within me today. ... "No distrust made (Abraham) waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, being fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. Therefore his faith 'was reckoned to him as righteousness' " (Romans 4:20-22). Abraham grew strong in his faith. He wasn't born strong in his faith; he didn't make believe he was strong in his faith; he couldn't do all the right things or say all the right prayers to earn all the right credits to make You make him strong in his faith. He grew strong in his faith. And it seems to me his heart of willingness to grow was the kind of faith that was reckoned to him as righteousness. Lord, how did Abraham grow in his faith? ... It seems I hear You say: "There were many times when Abraham doubted. There were many times when he was frustrated and impatient, crying out to Me in the night through tears of disappointment and anguish of spirit. Do not think of him as a god or as perfect in his faith or life. He was just a man. And none are righteous, no not one. Yet I do not look to the outward appearance; I look to the heart. And Abraham entrusted his heart to Me. That is the faith I desire. That is the unwavering trust I desire. And I give that faith to all who seek Me with all their hearts. And as they keep seeking Me, they keep learning to trust Me; and they grow in faith." Yes, Lord. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my heart to You. Encourage me and empower me to welcome You into my thoughts and desires, into my mornings and throughout the moments of my days. I want to keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking, knowing by the faith You're growing in me that Your door is always open and the arms of Your embrace is always wide (Luke 11:9-13). By the grace of the faith that You've given me and that You're growing in me, I am convinced that You are able to do all You have promised. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Scholarships Available! The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Next week, Mon-Thurs, Aug. 10-13, 2009 hosted by Messiah Ministries, led by Tommy Hays in Lexington, Kentucky.This 4 Day Intensive Course is a focused time of healing, deliverance, and impartation for spiritual ministry led by Rev. Tommy Hays of Messiah Ministries. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for spiritual ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are equipped and empowered in ministry for others. Please contact Marilyn Walker at 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com right away to register or get details. Messiah Ministries: www.messiah-ministries.org Order my books, Free to Be Like Jesus, Morning by Morning, and our Messiah Ministries Resources on-line at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com