Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"Speak the Truth...Be Angry...Do Not Sin" 8-5-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You to walk with me and talk with me in the cool of the morning and throughout my day. ... "So then, putting away falsehood, let all of us speak the truth to our neighbors, for we are members of one another. Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not make room for the devil" (Ephesians 4:25-27). Lord, give me grace to speak the truth to my neighbors, to those who walk with me and work with me and live my life with me. Give me courage not to bury the truth or deny the truth or try to color the truth. And sometimes the truth is that I'm feeling angry or hurt or rejected or unvalued or misunderstood. And sometimes the truth is I can let my hurt feeling lead to wrong actions. And in those times I need to remember that You tell me in Your Word that it's ok to "be angry," to "speak the truth" about what I'm feeling. But also to remember that Your Word also tells me "but do not sin." So help me release my anger and hurt to You, without burying it down inside or releasing it on others in wrong ways or words. Help me "speak the truth" but also "speak the truth in love," letting You use even those moments to make me more like You. "But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). And wherever I've "made room for the devil" through the wrong expression of my anger or hurt, either by releasing it wrongly or burying it deeply, remind me and guide me to submit that to You in confession and repentance of my sin. Then empower me in the authority of Your name and power of Your blood to command the enemy to flee as I welcome Your Holy Spirit to come. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..." James 4:7-8). Thank You, Lord, for all the times You cleanse my heart and purify my soul from sin, as You heal my hurts and fill my spirit with Your peace. Thank for all the times You come to find me and call out to me, no matter what I've done or how I feel (Genesis 3:8-9). I don't have to hide myself or the truth of how I feel or what I've done. I can give it all to the One who is "faithful and just," full of mercy and grace, whose will and way is always to "forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness," as You walk with us in loving relationship (1 John 1:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Scholarships Available! The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Next week, Mon-Thurs, Aug. 10-13, 2009 hosted by Messiah Ministries, led by Tommy Hays in Lexington, Kentucky.This 4 Day Intensive Course is a focused time of healing, deliverance, and impartation for spiritual ministry led by Rev. Tommy Hays of Messiah Ministries. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for spiritual ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are equipped and empowered in ministry for others. Please contact Marilyn Walker at 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com right away to register or get details. Messiah Ministries: www.messiah-ministries.org If our ministry has been an encouragement and blessing to you, I invite you to join us as an Isaiah 35 Covenant Partner -- providing "streams in desert" and a steady flow of God's provision for the vision and calling He's given us of "Preparing the Way of the Lord" and "Ministering the Healing Love of God." Order my books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning and our other Messiah Ministries Resources or Contribute to Our Ministry on-line at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com