Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All Things are Possible 11-18-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Glorious One, I welcome the light and the glory of Your presence in my life and throughout my day. ... “And they brought the boy to Him. When the spirit saw Him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth. Jesus asked the father, ‘How long has this been happening to him?’ And he said, from childhood. It has often cast him into the fire and into the water, to destroy him; but if You are able to do anything, have pity on us and help us.’ Jesus said to him, ‘If you are able!—All things can be done for the one who believes.’ Immediately the father of the child cried out, ‘I believe; help my unbelief!’ ” (Mark 9:20-14). Some battles we have fought for a season, some we have fought from childhood. Sometimes we’ve been thrown into the fires of affliction, sometimes we’ve been drowning in the waters of weariness. But there is One who is able to deliver us and free us from everything that would try to destroy us. No matter what we go through, there is One who says, “Keep looking to Me, keep entrusting yourself to Me, for I will go through this with you.” There is One who says: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I Am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Because you are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you... Do not fear, for I Am with you” (Isaiah 43:1-5). Yes, Lord. I believe. I know it in my head and I know it in my heart. You are faithful and true. You never leave me and never forsake me. You never reject me or abandon me. You cause all things to work together for good. You turn every battle into an opportunity for promotion in the army of the Lord. You turn every obstacle into a challenge for advancement of the kingdom of God. My part is to believe, to keep trusting You, to keep entrusting myself to You. And in times when I doubt, let me confess it before You and turn it over to You. In times when I question, let me entrust my questions to the One who is the Answer. In every moment of doubt and unbelief, remind me of all the multiplied moments of Your forgiveness and faithfulness, Your power and provision, Your mercy and might. You are worthy of my trust. So by the grace of God, I choose to believe. And I choose to receive the blessings of Your peace and joy—even in the midst of the battles—that comes to all who do. “All things are possible to (the one) who believes” (Mark 9:23, NKJV). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night, Nov. 20 -- on the 3rd Friday night of every month -- for our Messiah Ministries' monthly citywide gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org