Tuesday, November 10, 2009

“As He is, So are We” 11-10-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father and Son, thank You for abiding in me as I abide in You by Your Holy Spirit. ... “Love has been perfected among us in this: that we have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). Only by the power of the blood of Jesus, do we have boldness before You. Apart from the sacrifice of Your unfailing love, we could not stand, we could not enter, we could not even bow down. But because of Your tender mercies and great kindness, we are not only able to come boldly before Your throne of grace, we are welcomed and embraced with open arms and unimaginable delight. “The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His steadfast love” (Psalm 147:11). And just as You are, so are we. Just as You are, so are we. “As He is, so are we in this world.” Lord, even as I say these words, Your Words, it’s hard to fully grasp what they mean. Lord, how can that be? How can we be like You. And how can we be like You “in this world.” It seems easier, somehow, to grasp that one day, when we get to heaven, when we see You face to face and know You even as we are known, that we might be made by You to be more like You. But Your Word says right here, right now, we are like You in this world. Lord, how can that be? ... It seems I hear You say: “My son, it’s only by My grace. But you cannot fully grasp just how far and how wide, how deep and how high, is the greatness of My grace toward you and all who will call on My name. That same grace that will make you like Me in heaven is the same grace that makes you like Me now in this world.” Yes, Lord. Let this heart be in me. Empower me, by the greatness of Your grace, to be more like You each day. Help me see myself as You see me. Help me live into who You have created me and called me to be—not in my power or my righteousness or my striving or my wishful thinking, but by the power of Your grace. The power of Your grace is an expression of the nature of Your love. Your love is perfect, and in the sovereignty and wisdom of God, Your “love has been perfected among us.” What boldness that awakens in me and in the hearts of all You lovingly welcome and embrace in Your arms. “Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have boldness before God” (1 John 3:21). And our hearts no longer condemn us, because we are in Christ and Christ is in us, making us more like You each day, even here in this world. “There is therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). So as You are, so will I be in the world—all by the grace of God and the presence of Christ living in me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please be in touch with us if you're interested in attending any of our Messiah Ministries events coming up very soon in Lexington: School of Spiritual Ministry, Level II; our joint Saturday Night Healing Service with Craig Marsh at Centenary; or our Healing Prayer Weekend. Contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries, DirOfMinistries@aol.com Join us for The Journey of Aliyah, A Gathering of Jewish and Christian Communities, Thursday Nov. 12, 7 pm at Lexington Theological Seminary. Barry Wagner from Ezra International will speak on the Aliyah journey of the Jewish people from the nations of the earth back to Israel in fulfillment of prophecy. www.EzraUSA.org No charge for admission. Contact Bob & Doris McCray bndmccray@windstream.net Order my Books and our Ministry Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com