Thursday, November 05, 2009

Friends of God 11-5-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You’re my Lord, my Savior, my Best Friend. Thank You for being here for me this day as I take up my cross and follow You; thank You for being there for me on that day when You took up Your cross so I can. ... “John answered, ‘No one can receive anything except what has been given from heaven. You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah, but I have been sent ahead of Him.’ He who has the Bride is the Bridegroom. The friend of the Bridegroom, who stands and hears Him, rejoices greatly at the Bridegroom’s voice. For this reason my joy has been fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease’ ” (John 3:27-30). By the mercy and power of Your grace, I am a friend of God, a friend of the Messiah, a friend of the Bridegroom to come. Because You first loved me, I love You. Because You have drawn near to me, I draw near to You. Because You poured out Your life for me, I give my life to You. Because it is Your will for all to come to know You and the power of Your mercy and love, You call us to come to the place of identity in You that we no longer see ourselves as merely servants, but also as true friends. You bring us to the depth of intimacy in You that we not only read Your Word but also hear Your voice; we’re not only hearers of Your Word but also doers of Your will. And as we grow in the truth of this relationship with You, our joy will be fulfilled and we will rejoice greatly at Your voice and in the depths of Your presence. As You said to Your first disciples, so You continue to say to all Your disciples: “I have said these things so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.... You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I heard from My Father. You did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:11-16). So as friends of the Bridegroom, let us prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts and in the earth. Like John, in the Spirit of Elijah, You have sent us ahead of You to prepare for the day of Your coming (Malachi 4:5; Matthew 11:14). But we don’t long and labor merely as servants of the harvest, but also as friends of the Bridegroom. And we don’t long and labor for the day of Your coming in weariness and woe, but rejoicing greatly in who You are and also in who You have chosen to be in us—friends of God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please come join us for these upcoming Messiah Ministries' Events at our home base in Lexington, Kentucky (and please spread the word): Nov 12-14: The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry -- Level II is a focused time of teaching, mentoring, discipleship, personal ministry, equipping, worshipping and prayer led by Tommy Hays and a teaching team of experienced prayer ministers. We will continue to study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience, as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. Level II gives deeper experience, opportunity, and practice in healing prayer ministry than our Level I Course. Craig & Jenni Marsh, gifted by God with the spiritual gift of miracles (1 Corinthians 12:10) will be with us for the last two nights of our School of Ministry and a public healing service Saturday night. Join us for a Healing Service co-hosted with Messiah Ministries and Centenary United Methodist Church Saturday night, Nov 14th at 7pm in Chapel at Centnary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. in Lexington, Ky. All are welcome and please spread the word! Craig Marsh's testimony in a nutshell is: After undergoing surgery in 1989 and 1991 for a serious stomach complaint. Craig underwent major surgery yet again in 1994. This resulted in radical changes to his stomach and digestive system, involving the total severing of all capacity to produce stomach acid and a ‘wrap’ being performed with the remains of his stomach. Living in constant pain particularly when eating, Craig’s life expectancy was not long as he continued to suffer and slowly waste away.On 3rd May 1999, whilst attending a Methodist Ministers conference in Florida USA to launch Y2000, Craig was miraculously healed. Since then he has been able to eat large quantities of all food, has no pain, has put weight on and no longer takes 39 pills a day as previously. Doctors have been astounded that without a proper digestive system everything is functioning now as if there was. Subsequent Xrays show a normal stomach functioning normally! http://www.turningpointministries.info/ Laura Beach and I heard Craig speak at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Conference last July 4th and his testimony of healing opened a floodgate of amazing healings from the Lord for those of us in His presence. Laura experienced a healing that night from post brain surgery headaches she had suffered daily from for almost 5 years. Info/Register Online: Information/RegisterSchoolOfMinistry-Level II Dec 4-6: Healing Prayer Weekend at Asbury Inn, Asbury Seminary, Wilmore, KY… NEW LOWER PRICE from Change in Location! Led by Tommy Hays with worship and personal prayer ministry teams, you'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting. We’ve had wonderful testimonies from our last weekend: Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension—spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances to Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. Info/Register Online: Information/RegisterHealingRetreat Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com