Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turn and Take Hold of Life 11-28-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in the way that leads to life. ... “When they heard this, they were silenced. And they praised God, saying, ‘Then God has given even to the Gentiles the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18). Lord, what is the “repentance that leads to life?” As I watch and wait, it seems I hear You speaking to my heart and bringing these thoughts to my mind: “To repent is to turn. All who turn their hearts to Me and open their hearts to My life. All who seek Me with all their hearts will find Me, and all who find Me find the meaning for their life.” Yes, Lord. Why is it that we must turn to You to find the meaning of our lives? “I created you for life with Me. There is no true life apart from Me. There is existence, but there is not life. I have created each one for purpose, calling, and destiny. I have created each one to live that out in relationship with Me. I am love. And love can only be expressed in relationship. And no one can enter into that relationship without repentance, without willingly choosing to turn and open their heart to Me. But as they do, they enter into the life that really is life.” Yes, Lord. I repent. I turn my heart to You. I open my heart to You. By the mercy and power of Your grace, help me live a lifestyle of repentance—continually turning and opening my heart to You. Every moment of every day, I want to turn and “take hold of the life that really is life” (1 Timothy 6:19). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my Books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning, or our other Ministry Resources or Contribute: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org