Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Season Forever 12-24-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Glory to God in the highest! And on earth, peace and goodwill toward all. The glory of Your presence among us and within us by Your Spirit brings us peace. The grace of Your favor and forgiveness brings us goodwill. I welcome Your peace and goodwill into my life today. … Christmas Eve is the height of anticipation of Your birth as the Child and Son of God on earth, as the coming of our Messiah, of our Christ. And every child of earth is thinking, “One more day! Tomorrow morning will finally be Christmas at last!” Many will find it hard to sleep tonight, tingling with anticipation and expectation. Though they may be thinking of the presents to open and gifts to receive, they will also be remembering deep down in their hearts our words and prayers and stories throughout this season of the reason why we celebrate this special day and give gifts in love to one another. What a gift You’ve given me with my children home for all of this week before Christmas. And the gift of my mom to come out and join us for a few days. Although I suffered through a hard day of fever and sickness, even that was just an opportunity to be showered in their gift of love to me, with tender care and soft prayers, back rubs and chicken soup, and space for time to rest. And I was so blessed with the gift of love from friends who prayed and who came by with meals and gifts and prayers. One of our friends took a moment to teach my kids a word of wisdom: “You know, Christmas is not just a day. It’s a season. And it’s a season that lasts a long time. And about the time we need to renew our heart for the season, we celebrate Christmas again.” We all entered into a new season in our lives, the moment we welcomed this Child of Christmas to enter into our hearts. We have received the gift of God’s love in Jesus the Christ. And though we have times when we need to renew our hearts for the season, Your Holy Spirit is always here to remind us of all the gifts of God our Father we have, all the time, not just on Christmas morning. “Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights” (James 1:17). So I rise this morning refreshed and renewed, feeling again healthy and whole, by all the gifts of prayer and rest I’ve received and the amazing gift of the healing love of God. And I will gather up my children in my arms and look into their faces to see some of the greatest gifts You’ve given me. And we will remember the gift of love we have in our hearts comes from the gift of love we have from You. Lord, as we eagerly wait in expectant anticipation for this special day, remind us of Your truth that this special season in our hearts never has to end. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Merry Christmas my friends! Thank you for your prayers for me and my family. I feel so much better today! Praise God! And thank you for your prayers for our family throughout this hard time of painful transition. But God has been faithful to be with us through it all. He is Immanuel, God with us. And He has surely been, pouring out His blessings and assuring us of His Presence throughout our journey. Thank you for continuing to join in the journey with me. God bless you in your expectant anticipation of this special day to come! Please prayerfully keep Messiah Ministries in mind for your Year-end and Christmas giving to the ministries of the Kingdom of God. I hope you find our ministry to be good soil to sow your seeds for the growing maturity of the God's Kingdom on earth. I'll be glad to speak with you personally about our vision and calling in ministry if you'd like to join with us in your prayer and financial support. Thank You! to our Isaiah 35 Covenant Partners and other supporters in prayer and finances who make this ministry possible at home and abroad to the nations. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come" (Matthew 24:14). You're welcome to give or sign up: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502