Friday, February 19, 2010

“Lacking in Nothing” 2-19-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You. Teach me Your ways, conform me to Your nature. Help me grow up in spiritual maturity. … “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3). Last night in worship at our healing prayer conference, Your Holy Spirit gave us an image of a man with his pockets pulled out and his hands opened up, as if to say, “I have nothing but You.” We must be emptied of everything in us that is not yet like You, so that we “may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:19). We have to let go everything we depend up that would keep us from completely depending upon You. We need to release the things that want to have a grip on us and entrust them all to Your care. “Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you” (Psalm 55:22). As we worship, I began to wonder what was in my pockets—both physically and spiritually. In my left pocket, I felt my iPhone. I seemed to hear You say to my heart, “Release to Me every distraction. Tonight I want You to hear My voice. Let My Text be the text you read.” In my right pocket, I felt my driver’s license, my credit card, and a little cash, and a couple of breath mints. It seemed You were saying, “Find your identity in Me; I am Your authority and power; I provide all you need according to My riches in glory; let Me be your breath of life and release through you the sweet fragrance of Christ.” Blessed are we when we humble ourselves to admit our need. Blessed are we when we come hungering and thirsting for more of You. For then ours is the kingdom of heaven. For then the King of the kingdom of heaven comes to fill our emptiness with Your Presence and exchange all our nothingness with all Your fullness of everything that really matters. Then by the power of Your grace, we will become “mature and complete, lacking in nothing” (James 1:4). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night February 19th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Linda Dulin will be leading in Prayer and Jeff Centers will be leading in Worship this month. All are welcome and spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Feb 18-20, in Austin, Texas This Weekend, Join Tommy Hays and Dan Van Nice for a Healing Prayer Conference at Bethany United Methodist Church (www.bethany-umc.org) Thurs and Friday Night 6-9PM; Saturday 9AM-4PM. No Cost; Offering for the ministries will be received. All are welcome to join us.Call Jill: (512) 656-7789 For more information click here Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my books and our resources on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org