Monday, February 08, 2010

Next Steps 2-8-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I praise You as You are that You love me as I am. … “Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. Let Your good Spirit lead me on a level path” (Psalm 143:10). Thank You for Your mercy to meet me where I am. Thank You for Your insistence to never leave me here and Your determination to always lead me on to more. Give me a teachable spirit that knows I’ll always have more to learn and more to un-learn. You are my Creator, and I am Your created. You see all things—the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. You know all things—every challenge I’ll ever face, every obstacle I’ll ever overcome. So I would be foolish to insist on my own way, my own wisdom, my own will. I would be wise to remember You are God and I am not. So come, Holy Spirit. Lead me on a level path, lead me in Your paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. You know the right path for my next steps. And my next steps always need to begin with looking for the path where Your good Spirit leads. In these days, those steps will rarely be popular and rarely be easy, but they will always be right. But as I remember to humble myself in trusting faith to seek and obey Your leading as best as I can and all by Your grace, surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life (Psalm 23). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please mark your calendars for the evening of March 19th to come join our yearly Celebration of all the Lord has done and is doing through Messiah Ministries. I'm especially excited to share stories of my adventures in Pakistan, Israel, the Philippines, and Estonia as well as the exciting things the Lord is doing in our midst at home in Kentucky and America. Please let us know if you'd like to help. Please make plans to come and bring a friend to explore our ministry and celebrate God's glory. How great is our God! We want you to be a part of all He is doing through Messiah Ministries! Our team is gathering prizes for a Silent Auction at our Celebration to raise funds for our ministry. If you'd like to contribute something, please let us know: MessiahMin@aol.com Friends, please prayerfully consider joining our ministry this year as an Isaiah 35 "Streams in the Desert" Covenant Partner, as we proclaim the message of the coming of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad to the nations, preparing the way of the Lord, and ministering the healing love of God. I would be glad to speak with you or your group personally about the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries (www.messiah-ministries.org). God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my books and our resources on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org