Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fully Alive 3-10-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the first name I speak today, as I offer You the first fruits of my first thoughts of this new day. … “For as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:22). I would rather have tried and failed than have never tried at all. I would rather try to climb and fall than never try to climb at all. I would rather live and die than never have lived at all. I choose to be fully alive to all the fullness of life. Though that means there will be times of great heartache and pain that I can hardly bear, that means there will be times of great exhilaration and joy that I can hardly contain. By Your grace, I will not dumb down life, shut down my emotions, or settle down for something less than who You created me to be. You came that I would have life, and have it abundantly (John 10:10). You did not come that I would coast along, just getting by, just biding my time until the rapture one day, trying to avoid as much risk as I can, and have as “normal” of a life as I can. I believe You created me, that You created each of us, for much, much more than that. So keep giving me the passion to risk hurting, to risk failing, to risk falling short of the dreams that burn in my soul. I know there will be disappointments. I know many times I will disappoint myself. But by the mercy and power of Your grace, I will not disappoint You by not giving my best to the life You have set before me. By the Spirit of God, fully alive within me, I am “alive to God in Christ Jesus” (Romans 6:11). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us for our Celebration Evening March 19th in Lexington and bring some friends to learn more about all the Lord is doing through Messiah Ministries. Please spread the word. I've included our invitation below and attached it to share with friends. Come and See! Come and Celebrate! Come and Be a Part of What God is Doing! This year will have many exciting gifts contributed to our Silent Auction to raise funds for our ministries. I will be sharing stories of God's glory from my ministry trips to Pakistan, Israel, Estonia, the Philippines, around the world and here at home. We want to share our vision and calling of Messiah Ministries with all who want to learn more and may want to join with us. For more information & to RSVP please click here: Information/RSVPCelebrationDessert Please Spread the Word, Invite some Friends, and Forward this on to Everyone who may want to join us! God bless you and see you there! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502