Monday, March 08, 2010

Humility and Faith 3-8-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to begin this day and every day centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. … “We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You” (2 Chronicles 20:12). Humility admits it when we don’t know what to do—when we are worried or afraid, when we are weak or ashamed, when we are confused or disappointed. But faith lifts our eyes to You—to the One who is greater than any of our circumstances, to the One who already sees the end the from the beginning and the beginning from the end, to the One who knows every choice that will be made by everyone involved, to the One who promises to redeem everything in our lives that we will entrust into Your hands so that You can cause all things to work together for good for those who love You and who are called according to Your purpose. Humility and faith are mighty weapons of spiritual warfare; they are powerful keys of the Kingdom of God. Lord, help me to grow in both humility and faith. Like the people of Judah who felt overwhelmed by an enemy who sought to destroy them and their destiny, help me admit it to You when I feel powerless or afraid in the face of the spiritual enemy of my soul, who comes to steal and kill and destroy (v. 20:3). Then let Your Spirit fall upon me to speak Your Word to me, as I turn to You, call on Your name, and seek Your face, in faith believing You hear me when I call (v. 20:13-14). And as You always do, You will remind me and encourage me to “stand still, and see the victory of the Lord on (my) behalf” (v. 20:17). “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You” (Psalm 56:3, NKJV). Whenever I humble myself in the sight of the Lord, You will lift me up (James 4:10). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join for our yearly Celebration Evening March 19th in Lexington and bring some friends to learn more about all the Lord is doing through Messiah Ministries. Please spread the word. I've included our invitation below and attached it to share with friends. Come join the Celebration March 19th! Exciting Gifts are being contributed for our Silent Auction! For more information & to RSVP please click here: Information/RSVPCelebrationDessert Please Spread the Word, Invite some Friends, and Forward this on to Everyone who may want to join us! God bless you and see you there! Tommy Hays www.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502