Tuesday, March 16, 2010

“I Shall Not be Shaken” 3-16-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Mighty God, merciful Savior, Emmanuel. … “For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation, my Fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us” (Psalm 62:5-8). You give me room to “pour out my heart” before You. You give me liberty to speak whatever is on my mind, stealing my peace, burdening my heart. I don’t have to hide it inside, push it away, or pretend it’s not there. All my worries, anxieties, and fears; all my struggles and troubles and doubts; all my mistakes, misfortunes, and missteps—You see them all; You know them all; You’re with me in them all. You want to be my rock of refuge, my steadfast supporter, my best friend. And part of truly trusting You is being completely open and honest with You. Part of truly trusting You is keeping it real with You. That’s the difference between a relationship and a ritual, between a journey of faith and practicing a religion. But once I’ve poured out my heart like a pitcher of water, You want me to lift it up to the Lord. You want me to wait in the silence before You. In the silence, I surrender it all to You. In the silence, I take my eyes off myself and lift my face up to You. There You readjust my perspective, realign my thoughts, and renew my hope. You remind me of Your sovereignty. You steady my heart and calm my fears. You strengthen my courage and restore my resolve. Then You fill up my empty pitcher with Your living waters, speaking to me the truth of Your Word and pouring into me the power of Your Spirit. Then I arise and go about my day, knowing You have already gone before me, ordering my steps and straightening my path. And by the mercy of Your grace and the power of Your love, “I shall not be shaken” by the powers of this world; I shall go forth with an unshakable faith, entrusting my journey to my unshakable God. Though the mountains may tremble and the seas may roar, through the earth itself may rock and reel, I shall not be moved in the rest and refuge of my God in whom I trust. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us as we worship and celebrate our great God and His mighty power through another year of ministry This Friday Night! We'll share stories of God's glory, His miracles in Pakistan and the power of His healing love at home, His name proclaimed in Israel and the nations and His heart to see our names written in the palm of His hand. Please Come Join us This Friday Night! Celebrate -- Passion, Power & Purpose with Tommy Hays & Messiah Ministries Come & See! Come & Celebrate Come & Be a Part of What God is Doing! 2010 Celebration Evening: Dessert & Coffee Reception Stories of God's Glory, Signs, & Wonders from Tommy's Adventures in Pakastan, Israel & Around the World Silent Auction Invitation to give & join our vision and calling Child Care available -- Contact Marilyn for details & reservations. Hosted this year at Centenary, in the Foundry Friday Evening, March 19th, 7:00pm Phone Marilyn for reservations (859-317-1591), or click here for on-line reservation form Please come and bring friends to hear all the Lord is doing in these exciting days! I would love to speak with you about the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries -- Tommy Hays tommyhays@aol.com