Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"Know Him Who is True" 3-3-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. With an unveiled face, with unhindered eyes, I lift up my eyes, open up my heart, and behold Your glory. … “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20). Jesus, You are the Vine and I am an extension of Your branches. You are One with the Father and I am one of the sons of God. You are the Head of Your Church and I am part of the Body of Christ. You are the soon and coming King of Glory and I am one of the willing servants of the Kingdom of God. You are the Commander of the Host of Heaven and I am one of Your spiritual warriors. You are the Bridegroom and I am one with Your Bride. You are the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and I am among those who tremble with delight and shake with awe in the fear of the Lord when You utter Your voice. You are the Lamb of God and I am one from whom You have taken away my sins and the sins of the world. You are the Good Shepherd and I am among the flock of those entrusted to Your care. You are my Savior and I am one of the names written in the palm of Your nail-scarred hand and sealed forever in the Lamb’s Book of Life. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords and I am among those waiving the palm branches of my spirit in worship to welcome You as King and Lord into my heart and into the earth to rule and reign forever. Help me understand You. Help me know You. Help me seek You, turn to You, and entrust myself to You more and more each day. Let me never be satisfied with what I have learned, but always yearning to know You more. Let me come to know You in every facet and dimension of Your Being—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. “Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord; His appearing is as sure as the dawn; He will come to us like the showers, like the spring rains the water the earth” (Hosea 6:3). So by the power of the grace of God, by yearning desire You’ve placed in my heart, I will press on to know You, to "know Him who is true." And one day, in the glory of Your appearing—as sure as the dawn—“I will know (You) fully, even as I have been fully known” (1 Corinthians 13:12). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers this morning. It's early here. Sometimes I'm awakened in the night, bombarded with thoughts questioning who I am and any significance to my life. I know that's when it's time to just get up and pray and turn my eyes upon Jesus (Ephesians 1:17-19). He reminds me who I am as He reminds me who He is and who I am in Him. Then it becomes clear what is at the source of the bombardment of these doubting thoughts and Who is the Source of my security and peace. In case that ever happens to you, I'm praying for you right now in the name of Jesus to remember Who He is and who you are in Him. In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us and nothing will ever separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 8:37-39). Thank you for praying the same for me. Thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer. God bless you! -- Your friend and prayer partner, Tommy Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502