Monday, March 15, 2010

Power made Perfect in Weakness 3-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You. Let me begin this new day centered in the Son, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. … “But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for (My) power is made perfect in (your) weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me… for whenever I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). Lord, why is Your power made perfect in my weakness? It seems I hear You say: “My son, the weakness I desire is not a physical weakness, but a spiritual desperation. It is coming to the place in your heart where you are desperately dependent upon Me. As you come to the end of your own strength, you come to the beginning of My power. I resist the proud, but I lavish My grace upon the humble. Those who will not admit they are sick, admit no need of a physician. Those who will not admit their sin, admit no need of forgiveness. Those who will not admit their weakness, admit no need of My power. But all need My healing, My forgiveness, and My power. Only those who admit their need for the power of My grace receive it. When you are weak in this way, then you are strong in My power. Then My power is made perfect in your weakness.” Yes, Lord. I am weak. I need Your healing, Your forgiveness, Your power. Like the apostle Paul, I want to “boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses” because I need Your power, because I want to see Your power manifested in my life and through my life into the lives of others, on earth as it is in heaven. I want to trust in Your promise that, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven…. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:3-5). As a son of God, filled with the Spirit of God, You’ve created me and called me to inherit the earth, to be an ambassador of Your kingdom here on earth—not in my pride, but in the power of Your grace (2 Corinthians 5:20). “To Him who loves us and freed us from our sins by His blood, and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever” (Revelation 1:5-6). “Little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me… For the Bible tells me so.” In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come see how God's power is being made perfect through our weakness at Messiah Ministries This Friday Night 3/19 for our Celebration Evening, hosted at 7 pm in The Foundry at my home church, Centenary UMC (www.LexChurch.com). I would really welcome your encouragement and support, standing firmly with us at this exciting and critical time in the life of our ministry. Celebrate -- Passion, Power & Purpose Come & See! Come & Celebrate Come & Be a Part of What God is Doing! 2010 Celebration Evening: Dessert & Coffee Reception Stories of God's Glory, Signs, & Wonders from Tommy's Adventures in Pakastan, Israel & Around the World Silent Auction Invitation to give & join our vision and calling Child Care available -- Contact Marilyn for details & reservations. Hosted this year at Centenary, in the Foundry Friday Evening, March 19th, 7:00pm Phone Marilyn for reservations (859-317-1591), or click here for on-line reservation form Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502