Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Turning Point of Humility 3-31-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You into my morning, and I want to walk with You throughout my day. … “Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death—even death on a cross. Therefore God also exalted Him and gave Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:5-11). A friend of mine goes to a little church in a little town next to Lexington—Turning Point Church in Nicholasville, Kentucky. On Monday nights, a few of them gather to pray, to worship, to seek Your face, and welcome Your Presence their hearts, their church, and their city. And this Monday night of this Holy Week, Your Holy Spirit began to fill them with a deep sense of Your Holy Presence. My friend said You had been speaking to her about Your desire to pour out Your greatest anointing in these days—“the anointing of humility, because the last shall be first.” Several of us were moved with a hunger for Your Presence to join with them a second night to watch and wait and see what You would do. As we worshipped and waited with expectant and hungry hearts, I sensed a deep, abiding peace filling my soul. I felt what I would describe as a thickness or heaviness or weightiness of Your Holy Spirit. The thought came to mind, “No flesh can glory in the Presence of God.” I didn’t want to move. I could barely lift my arms in the gesture of my arms open wide to express the longing of my heart lifted up for the welcoming of Your Presence. After awhile, the prayer leader felt the children and young people were to come stand up front and asked me to share what came to my heart. I felt we were to pray for the burden of the Lord for each one of these young people, to stand before the one to whom You led us, and to speak the words of blessing and encouragement You gave us to speak into their lives. It seemed it was a measure of Your fulfillment of Your promise to restore the hearts of the children to the parents and the parents to the children in the days before the coming of the Lord (Malachi 4:6). Then the prayer leader felt we were to all to pray for one another in the deep waters of Your Presence that continued to fill that place and our hearts. My friend shared a vision that You opened a book and said, “Turning Point is in my appointment book.” Many could not stand in the glory of Your Presence. Many were humbled on our faces in the thickness and heaviness and weightiness of this encounter with Your Holy Spirit. I sense that same feeling even now. I pray for the Your anointing of humility. I pray You would bring low every high place in my heart that would try to exalt itself above You and Your will for my life. I pray You would teach me how to step aside and get out of the way for Your Spirit to move in the ways You choose. Let me have in me this mind of Christ, who humbled Himself. Crucify my flesh at the cross of Christ. Let this Holy Week be a holy journey to a deeper place of humility before You. This is a journey that has nothing to do with a place, but everything to do with giving You Your place in our hearts. This is the anointing of Your Presence I desire. I pray for the anointing of Your humility. Teach me to be last; teach me to be least, in trusting surrender to the leading of Your Spirit in every area of my life. Humility is the turning point. And this is the turning point in Your appointment book for us all. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us for two Messiah Ministries events coming up in Lexington, Kentucky in April: April 10, 2010 Day of Prayer and Fasting we're calling "Breaking the Silence--Restoring the Voice of Women in the Church" based upon Acts 2:17-18. Laura Beach and I will be leading in prayer along with various worship leaders throughout the day. April 28-May 1, 2010 "The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level 2." Please contact Marilyn, our Messiah Ministries Director of Ministries for more information: DirOfMinistries@aol.com 859-317-1591 The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level 2 A focused time of teaching, mentoring, discipleship, personal ministry, equipping, worshipping and prayer led by Tommy Hays and a Messiah Ministries teaching team of experienced prayer ministers. We will continue to study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. Level 2 gives deeper experience, opportunity, and practice in healing ministry. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Information/RegisterSchoolOfMinistryLevel2 Friends, God bless you this Holy Week of preparing our hearts to experience the resurrection power of God through Jesus Christ our Lord! Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502