Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Worry or Peace: We Get to Choose 3-2-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I choose You—I choose to trust You, to obey You, to walk with You. I choose to love You and let You love me. … “So do not worry about tomorrow…” (Matthew 6:34). “Don’t worry about tomorrow”—that’s sounds like the name of a nice little song. But it’s a powerful principle of the Word of God. It’s a choice, really. And it’s a choice we make in obedience to Your command: “Don’t worry.” Those are red letter words of Jesus, straight out of the Sermon on the Mount and sent straight for the jugular of all the worries, anxieties, and fears that try to mount up and weigh us down and steal our peace. But as someone has said, “Worry and peace cannot occupy the same space. You get to choose.” So by the power of the grace of God, I choose peace. And I reject worry in the name of Jesus. Worry must go. And peace is welcome to come in its place. You are my Peace, Lord Jesus (Isaiah 9:6; John 14:27). So I choose to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. (I will) let (my) requests be known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard (my) heart and mind through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7, NKJV). That’s the way I choose to live, one choice at a time, one victory at a time of peace over worry. And that choice, made faithfully and persistently, will make all the difference. By the grace of God, I get to choose. And so I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friend, may the Lord our God, who is our Prince of Peace, fill you with the abiding peace of His Presence in your heart and mind every day. Be free from the tyranny of worry, doubt, and fear in the name of Jesus. May God's perfect love cast out all fear and fill you with His faith to trust Him and rest in His abundant provision for your every need. Let your choices always be made out of faith, never out of fear. And please pray the same for me. God bless you! For yourself or for a friend, please consider ordering my books, Free to Be Like Jesus --Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance or Morning by Morning, A Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays or other our other resources from our resources web-site: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502