Thursday, May 06, 2010

America’s National Day of Prayer 5-6-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my voice and call on Your name in the communion of prayer at the start of this day. … “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares those who trust in Him” (Nahum 1:7). Across America today, Your people who are called by Your name will humble themselves and pray. This is our National Day of Prayer. Some may say, “Well, every day should be a day of prayer.” And so it should. But this day is not like any other day. On this day, as the Body of Christ in our nation, we come together in the unity of the bond of the Holy Spirit, as sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven through the blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. In so many ways, we will come together without regard for doctrinal and denominational differences. We will come together on courthouse steps, public parks, capitol rotundas, in courtyards and around flagpoles, by the water coolers and in cafeterias, at churches and at homes, and wherever two are more will gather in in the name of Jesus. We will come together under the name that is above every name, that unites us as one in the Spirit and one in the Lord (Philippians 2:9). Together as one, we will pray “will all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as (we) were called to the one hope of (our) calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:2-6). Today in prayer, we turn to You alone and trust in You alone as our stronghold and refuge. In You alone do we put our hope and faith—not in our politicians, not in our government, not in the laws, not in our own sense of goodness, self-sufficiency, or pride. In God we trust, as one nation under God. Some may challenge our faith that You will hear our prayers as a nation: “What about your political leaders? What about your national sins? What about your watered-down faith, left-behind values, and compromising witness? Who are you to pray and expect God to hear? You may be a nation with a few Christians, but you are no longer a Christian nation.” But this is what I hear You say, “Did I not say I would spare even Sodom if I could find but ten righteous? Are there not yet ten righteous, not of their own but by the blood of My Son, who yet bow their knees and their hearts to humble themselves on behalf of this nation to call on My name? I am not a man to see as others see. I am the Lord your God. And I look upon the heart. And when I look upon the heart of America, I see a remnant of My people who are called by My name who still humble themselves to pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, that I may hear and forgive and heal this land. Even in My judgments, My correction, and My discipline shall I remember mercy because of the heart I see in My people. Do not despair. Do not doubt. For I am the God who holds the hearts of kings in My hand, who holds the destinies of nations in My will. There is yet a destiny for this nation. Persevere in prayer. Trust in Me. For I am good and I am God. I am your Refuge in times of trouble. I care for those who trust in Me.” Yes, Lord. All of this that is Your word will go forth, not returning void, but accomplishing all to which You have purposed in Your heart to do (Isaiah 55:11). Any that’s not will fall to the ground and die, but all that is will arise in a word of hope, breaking the power of disillusion and doubt, restoring us to faith in the power of Your redemption of our hearts and our land. May You look down from Heaven today and see again one nation under God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friends in America and abroad, please join with us in prayer to God for America today. May we turn to God and call on His name and yet fulfill our destiny. Together with our brothers and sisters from every tribe and tongue and nation in the earth under the banner of Christ, may we be together "a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation" (1 Peter 2:9). I would welcome your prayers for me today at noon, as I speak for the National Day of Prayer gathering in the business marketplace at the Corporate Headquarters of Lexmark International. In the Lexington, Kentucky area, please join the group downtown at Phoenix Park at noon across from the Courthouse for the National Day of Prayer public gathering outdoors to pray for our nation. Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!