Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boast Only in the Cross of Christ 5-26-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face, listen for Your voice, and desire Your nature. Help me watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit as I begin this day intentionally, deliberately entrusting myself to You. … “But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world” (Galatians 6:14, NKJV). What is it to “boast in the cross of Christ, Lord?” As I lay these words of Your Word before You, You’re bringing to mind these words: “But God proves His love for us in that while we were sinners Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). To boast is to brag. And it’s good to remember that I don’t have anything to brag about in this world that really matters but You. If I’m proud of my children, it’s only because of the grace You’ve given me to love them as they are and to try to lead them to You to grow up in Your ways. If I’m proud of the ministry You’ve entrusted to me, it’s only because You’ve been bringing me to a place of ever-increasing desperate dependence upon You for the fulfillment of a vision of things that only You can do. In Your mercy and love, You gently remind me that “every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with there is no variation or shadow of turning” (James 1:17, NKJV). Everything good thing I have and every good thing within me is all from You. I haven’t earned it; I don’t deserve it. It’s all a gift of God. And You give me Your good gifts just because You love me. You’re a good Father who loves to give good gifts to Your children (Luke 11:13). And You love to give me the gift of the forgiveness and peace that comes only through repentance and faith. While I was still a sinner, You died for me. And whenever I still sin, You remind me that You died for me so that You could forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). And then You remind me that through Your mercy and love, only on the basis of what You have done for me and all that You are doing in me, I have even “become the righteousness of God” through Jesus Christ my Lord (2 Corinthians 5:21). And that’s something to brad about. That’s bragging about how much my Daddy loves me. “… For God is love. God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His only Son into this world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins” (1 John 4:8-10). In Jesus name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!