Monday, May 10, 2010

“Full of Gladness with Your Presence” 5-10-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Wait for You and watch for You and welcome You into my heart and my day. … “For David says, concerning Him, ‘I saw the Lord always before me, for He is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken; therefore my heart was glad and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will live in hope. For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let Your Holy One experience corruption. You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of gladness with Your Presence’ ” (Acts 2:25-28). I am not holy, but You are. I am not almighty, all-knowing, always faithful, but You are. And somehow, by the grace of God, You not only dwell high in the holiest of the heavens, but You also humble Yourself to condescend to dwell in me and each of Your children who are called by Your name. By the Spirit of Christ, dwelling in me, You are always before me, always near me, always within me. You are always making known to me Your ways of life, leading me in Your paths of righteousness, establishing me in the security of Your love and empowering me to live in Your hope. Even when I falter, even when I fail, even when I faithlessly doubt, You are with me to correct me, forgive me, encourage me, embrace me, and make me again “full of gladness with Your Presence.” In the strength of Your mercy and grace, “I will not be shaken,” but only become more convinced of Your steadfast love and Your unfailing mercy that’s new every morning, in Your faithful quest to make me more like You each day by the power of Your Spirit. “But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in you” (Romans 8:9-11). So my heart will be glad, my tongue will rejoice, and my spirit will thank You, my God, for being ever-present with me this day and forevermore. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!