Friday, June 04, 2010

“Listen to His Voice” 6-4-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Son of God, Son of Man, God with us, Immanuel, be with me, come live within me today. … “O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. O that today you would listen to His voice! (Psalm 95:6-7). I have a choice to listen to Your voice. I can choose to listen to the voices of men, and I can also choose to listen to the voice of the One who is the Maker of all men. I can choose to listen to the voice of my friends and counsel of others, and I can also choose to listen to the voice of my Best Friend and my Wonderful Counselor. I can choose to listen to the voice of the witnesses of Your written Word, and I can also choose to listen to the voice of the One who is the Word. I can even choose to listen to the voice of the world, the flesh, and the devil, but I can also choose instead to listen to the One who has overcome the world, who crucifies my flesh, and who has defeated the devil. By the grace You give me and in response to the choice You offer me, I choose to listen to You. Some say, “How can you hear God? How can you be sure you’re hearing God?” What do You say, O Lord, my God? … At this moment right now, I believe I hear You say, “Come, worship and bow down, kneel before Me, for I am your Maker. I am your God. You are a son of My pasture and a sheep of My hand. You are one of My little ones, one of My precious ones, one I created from My love in order for You to know My love for you. And if you will listen, I will speak. And every day You listen for the leading of My voice, you will grow in the knowing of My voice in your heart. Do not be afraid to test My voice, but also do not be afraid to believe My voice.” Yes, Lord. Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:27). Your sons and daughters, Your servants and friends, hear You knocking at the door of our hearts, calling us to open the door in worship and humility, expectantly longing by faith to welcome You in to draw near to us in our everyday relationship of love with You (Revelation 3:20). Thank You, Lord, for speaking with me this morning. Please come in and keep speaking with me throughout my day. “Speak, for Your servant is listening” (1 Samuel 3:10). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!