Tuesday, June 29, 2010

“The Only Thing that Counts” 6-29-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to hear Your voice and follow Your lead. … “For through the Spirit, by faith, we eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus … the only thing that counts is faith working through love” (Galatians 5:5-6). “The only thing that counts?” What strong words! What clarity of mind and singleness of purpose. What focus with which to filter all the choices and priorities of how to spend the moments of my day and the purposes of my life. Can this be true? Can it really be that simple? Shouldn’t Your Word say: “The only thing that counts is getting to heaven when you die” or “The only thing that counts is obeying the rules of the law to be righteous, holy, and perfect before God” or “The only thing that counts is to know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior” or “The only thing that counts is to be as good as you can and do all the good you can” or “The only thing that counts is to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, healing the sick, and casting out demons” or “The only thing that counts is to make sure you give all your tithes and offerings to the pastor and his vision for your local church and make sure you pay all your apportionments to your bishop and his vision for your denomination” or “The only thing that counts is that you never take a risk, never try to change anything, never rock the boat, never upset the apple cart, never do anything or say anything to draw any attention to yourself for others to think that you think you’re something special and have some kind of special gifting, calling, purpose, and destiny to fulfill the passions you think God himself personally put into your heart to accomplish in your life for His purposes through the grace of His power and for the glory of His name?” No, that’s not what Your Word says. Somehow every good thing, even every great thing, that You desire from our lives is centered in this: “The only thing that counts is faith working through love.” It’s not faith without love and it’s not love without faith. It’s “faith working through love.”It’s not faith patiently sitting there and just waiting for love to spontaneously happen to us or through us. It’s much more intentional, active, and deliberate than that. It’s “faith working through love.” Faith is trusting You. Love is living for You. And if I truly trust You, I will my live for You in the nature of Your love and by the grace of the power of Your Spirit. This is to be my “hope of righteousness”—my hope to live a life that’s right, in right relationship with You, with one another, and within myself. This is what really counts. This is “the only thing that counts.” And if I focus on getting this right, “through the Spirit, by faith,” then everything else will come into place and flow out of that place of my “faith working through love.” In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, while I'm away for some rest and vacation with my kids up at my mom's in the mountains of New Mexico, I'd appreciate your prayers that I'll have both wonderful family time and deep personal time with the Lord, to be refreshed and renewed in the time that I have. I pray that same blessing for you! (And for all who have been asking, my son Zach is doing great from the terrible car accident he had on our way out here on the interstate through Oklahoma, all by the miraculous grace of God and protection of His mighty warring angels, bearing him up on eagles' wings without a scratch to his body! But not so much for my faithful Jeep that's carried me many miles in ministry. So please join me in praying for God's perfect provision in that regard). Please join us for these upcoming events through Messiah Ministries: July 30-August 1, 2010 Healing Prayer Weekend at Asbury Inn, Wilmore, Kentucky. Come away for a powerful weekend retreat with times of teaching, personal prayer ministry in a safe setting of worship that welcomes the healing Presence of God. Led by Tommy Hays, along with our worship team and prayer ministry teams. For more information or to Register for our Healing Prayer Weekend… ClickHereForMoreInfoOrToRegisterHealingPrayerWeekend September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: ClickHereForMoreInfoOrToRegisterFountainSchoolLevelOne or contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!