Thursday, August 12, 2010

Choose Well 8-12-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Thou, my vision, O Lord of my heart. … Choose well … When the path of life before you divides to each horizon, choose well. Choose well … When all that is within you wants all that’s safe and easy, choose well. Choose well … When the One that you have followed says choose the path that’s narrow, choose well. Choose well … When all looks bright and happy but something seems unsettled, choose well. Choose well … When you can’t see all to come but you sense His peace and strength, choose well. Choose well … All we must do Is keep looking to You Listening for Your leading Not trusting in our feelings Just waiting on the One Always calling us to come And trust in the way You choose … Yes, Lord. Thank You for putting my thoughts to these words and my prayer to this song Your Spirit is singing through my spirit this morning. You know every choice set before me, what lies beyond the horizon of each path. You see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. You know what’s best; You know what’s right; You know what leads to the abundance of life for all involved, now and in the generations to come. “See I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I am commanding you today; and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn from the way that I am commanding you today, to follow other gods that you have not known…. When you cross the Jordan to go in to occupy the land that the Lord your God is giving you, and when you occupy it and live in it, you must diligently observe all the statutes and ordinances that I am setting before you today” (Deuteronomy 11:26-32). Now in the fullness of my new covenant in Christ, You’ve written Your law in my heart by Your Spirit (Ezekiel 36:26-27; Romans 2:29). You call me to diligently seek You and the leading of Your Holy Spirit in every matter of every moment, that I may enter into the fullness of my inheritance and destiny in You—not only for me, but also for all You’ve entrusted to me and for all the generations that will follow after me. So by the grace You give and the fullness of the freedom You allow, I choose to wait and watch and listen for Your leading in every matter of every moment. And when I sense what’s right by the law of Your Spirit in my heart, I want to courageously, obediently cross over and advance to possess the promises of the hope and calling You’ve placed in me. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to choose well. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep Messiah Ministries in mind as you seek good soil in which to sow your seeds for renewal and revival in our land and your life. I hope our ministry continues to be aa blessing and encouragement to you. Thank you for every way you help us to fulfill our vision and calling of "Preparing the way of the Lord ... Ministering the healing love of God" at home and abroad as He leads. God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!