Tuesday, August 17, 2010

“God of Hope” 8-17-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look up and listen in as I begin these first moments of my morning with You. … “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13). You are the God of hope. You are the God who fills me with all joy and peace, as I believe You and entrust myself and all the challenges of my current circumstances to You. That can’t come in my own power, but only by the power of Your Holy Spirit. That can’t come by the power of positive thinking, by the effort to muster up enough faith to believe You and Your Word. It comes by saying in my heart, “Come, Holy Spirit. You are the God of hope. Come let Your hope abound in me. Come fill me with all joy and peace in believing You’re here with me, here with full awareness of all the circumstances around me, and here with the power to change me and change them, as I put my hope and trust in You. That’s not foolishness, that’s faith—faith to believe that “all things are possible to him who believes” (Mark 9:23, NKJV). That’s faith to believe that my future is not determined by my past, that my identity in the eyes of this world is not my destiny in heart of my God. That’s faith to believe that breakthrough, transformation, and revival are not just nice thoughts or fairy tales; they are the expected end of those who dare to hope for them, in faith believing. That’s the hope that I have by the power of the grace of the God of hope living in me. And that fills me now with Your joy and peace. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night August 20th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Our Healing Rooms equipping team from Madisonville, KY led by Rush and Barbie Hunt will be with us to minister to everyone in healing prayer ministry this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!