Friday, August 20, 2010

“Morning by Morning, He Wakens” 8-20-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Majestic and mighty, merciful and magnificent, I worship and adore You morning by morning. … “The Lord God has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning, He wakens—wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught” (Isaiah 50:4). In morning’s light, awaken my spirit to arise and shine. Arouse my heart to stir in the Spirit, to listen for Your voice, to speak the words I hear You say, to share the lessons You teach in my mind. Draw me into the deep place of communion with You, as my heart becomes more like Your heart and my thoughts become more like Your thoughts. It’s takes time, but it’s worth it. It takes surrender, commitment, and focus, but You’re ready to provide all that I need, as You develop the daily rhythm of watching and waiting in the silence of surrender in me. You want this for me more than I want it for me. You want it for each of us, who are created for communion with You, our Lord and our God. It’s a deeply intimate means of Your grace to make us more like You each day, for “anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him” (1 Corinthians 6:17). Make me one spirit with You, Lord Jesus. Morning by morning and moment by moment, teach me Your ways and impart to me Your words. Then give opportunities to freely give away all that I have received. For Your Word sustains the weary and Your Spirit awakens the hearts of Your children to arise and become all You’ve created us to be. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night August 20th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Our Healing Rooms equipping team from Madisonville, KY led by my great friends Rush and Barbie Hunt will be with us to minister to everyone in healing prayer ministry this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!