Monday, August 23, 2010

Rare and Real is the Love of God 8-22-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. How rare is Your love, how rare is Your touch. There is no god like You. … Rare is Your love There is no love Where this, Your love Is so real to me Rare is Your touch There is no touch Where this, Your touch Is so real to me Rare is Your power There is no power Where this, Your power Is so real to me Rare is Your grace There is no grace Where this, Your grace Is so real to me Rare is Your Word There is no word Where this, Your Word Is so real to me Rare is Your Name There is no name Where this, Your Name Is so real to me Rare is my God There is no god Where You, my God Are so real to me “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, and His Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: I Am the first and I Am the last; besides Me there is no god…. Is there any god besides? There is no other rock; I know not one” (Isaiah 44:6-8). Thank You, Lord, for writing this new song in my spirit this morning. You alone are God. You alone are worthy of my songs and prayers of praise, honor, glory, adoration, and love. Your love, Your touch, Your power, Your grace, Your Word, and Your Name—they are rare; they are real; they are unique, for there is no other god and no other goodness of Your nature in all the world. You created us for a relationship of love and You care for us every moment of every day in that relationship of love. You are the God who loves us, forgives us, encourages us, and empowers us in Your love for us, for You are the God who is love (1 John 4:8). “Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of Your possession? He does not retain His anger forever, for He delights in showing clemency. He will again have compassion upon us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. You will show faithfulness to Jacob and unswerving loyalty to Abraham, as You have sworn to our ancestors from the days of old” (Micah 7:18-20). Rare and real is the love of my God. And I embrace the rarity and the reality of Your love and grace for me today. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!