Monday, August 09, 2010

Refuge from the Storms 8-9-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up—in my thoughts and heart, in my actions and words, throughout the moments of my day. … “Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by. I cry to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me. He will send from heaven and save me, He will put to shame those who trample on me. God will send forth His steadfast love and His faithfulness” (Psalm 57:1-3). Hand in hand, heart to heart, I joined with the friends, supporters, and ministry team of the Refuge for Women in a big circle around the old farmhouse now beautifully restored and dedicated yesterday to be a place of refuge and healing for women coming out of the adult entertainment industry to start a new life in Christ. One of my prayer partners, Ked Frank and his wife, are pouring their lives into this ministry of compassion and mercy, along with other ministries like Bruised Reed, to rescue women and their children often belittled, judged, rejected, and forgotten. But You died for them too. And Your arms of refuge are open wide for each one of them. There’s no sin You will not forgive, no wound You will not heal, and no bondage You will not break if we will entrust these things and our lives to You and Your care (Isaiah 61:1-3). Lord, open my eyes to see those in need of the power of Your mercy and love around me. Don’t let me merely see people as they are—trapped in their sin, bound by their past, stuck in lifestyles of self-destruction—but also let me see them as whom they were created to be, whom they still can be, if they let the power of Your mercy and love into their hearts to change their lives. Let me not see them and judge them or ignore them in my self-righteousness, but see them and share with them the grace You’ve lavished on me despite all my unrighteousness. That’s the power of the cross and the heart of the message of Your Good News. That’s the place of our refuge from the destroying storms of this broken, fallen world. “For, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’ But how are they to call on One in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in One of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim Him? And how are they to proclaim Him unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News” (Romans 10:13-15). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we please let us know if you are in the Lexington, Kentucky area and would be interested in our upcoming ministry training in August for The Healing Rooms of Lexington, which will be a new component of our outreach prayer ministries of Messiah Ministries, in connection with the International Association of Healing Rooms ( www.healingrooms.com ). Contact Linda Dulin, our Pastor of Prayer Ministries PrayerLead@aol.com for an application or to discuss your interest. September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers at Messiah Ministries. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: ClickHereForMoreInfoOrToRegisterFountainSchoolLevelOne or contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!