Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Harvest Season of Joy 9-28-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let my first thoughts be my first fruits of offering to You this day. Let my life be Your living sacrifice, as You guide my thoughts and desires for Your will through me today. … “You shall observe the festival of harvest, of the first fruits of your labor, of what you sow in the field. You shall observe the festival of ingathering at the end of the year, when you gather in from the field the fruit of your labor” (Exodus 23:16). This week is the time of the Jewish harvest festival, in fulfillment of Your call to celebrate the harvest of Your provision for Your people. Many call this “the harvest season of joy,” as what has been sown is now to be reaped. And the first fruits of the grain of the harvest is to be waved before You and offered in joy of Your goodness and faithfulness, Your great mercies and steadfast love. And of course, all the feasts of the Jewish Covenant, as well as all the laws and prophecies of Scripture, find their ultimate fulfillment in Messiah, the Word made flesh (Luke 24:27). Thank You for the seasons of joy. Thank You for gifts of God and the harvests we have because of Your faithfulness for us. All that we have belongs to You, and with all that we have we are to honor You. “Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruits of your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine” (Proverbs 3:9-10). I give my life A sacrifice With all that I am And all that I have I give my life to You So come take my heart And come take my soul For all that is good Comes from the hands of God Yes, Lord. That’s my prayer. And that’s my praise, in this season of joy and celebration of Your harvest of my heart. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for your prayers for Messiah Ministries' financial provision. Thanks to the grace of God and your generosity to stand with us in ministry, we've had the breakthrough we needed. Please pray for a sustained flow of resources for us to continue moving forward with the vision and calling the Lord has entrusted to us--"Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." We couldn't do it without you! I'll be leaving on Friday for our ministry trip to Wales. Heather and Bob Butler of Hidden Treasures Ministries in Wales have invited us and provided for us to preach and pray at revival meetings and prayer gatherings all over the country in our Encounter Wales! revival campaign. If you'd like to be on our interactive intercessory prayer team, please let me know and I'll get you on our email prayer team list. Thank you and God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!