Tuesday, September 21, 2010

“The Lamp of the Lord” 9-21-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings, Lord of lords, be King of my heart and Lord of my life. Come rule and reign in me today. … “The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord, searching every inmost part” (Proverbs 20:27). Lord, let my human spirit be in communion with Your Holy Spirit. Let the light of the glory of Your manifest Presence burn within me like a lamp. Let deep call unto deep, as my spirit calls unto Your Spirit (Psalm 42:8). Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Search my inmost parts to reveal everything in me that is not yet like You, and give me the courage and humility to entrust that part and every part of my life to Your care. Make me one with Your will and one with Your way, as You alone become Lord of all of my life. Stir in my heart to be united with Your heart, for “anyone united with the Lord becomes one spirit with Him” (1 Corinthians 6:17). I confess I have far to go. “There is no one who is righteous, not even one.… since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:10-33). But I also declare that it is my heart’s desire to get there—all by Your grace, all in Your time, all in Your way—because I’ve come to trust You to know best for my life. So in these first moments of my morning, let Your Holy Spirit come ignite the lamp of my heart to burn with Your light throughout my day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer in preparation for my time of ministry in Wales with Heather Butler and our team at gatherings we'll lead all across the country during our Encounter Wales revival campaign during the month of October. If you'd like to be on our interactive intercessory prayer team, please let me know and I'll get you on our email prayer team list. Thank you and God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!