Tuesday, September 07, 2010

“What are You Looking For?” 9-7-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Cleanse me from my sins by Your blood; purify my soul by Your fire; fill me with Your life by Your Spirit. … “The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, ‘Look, here is the Lamb of God!’ The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. When Jesus turned and saw them following, He said to them, ‘What are you looking for?’ ” (John 1:35-38). Your first words to Your first disciples of that first generation in the Gospel of John were in the form of a question to those who chose to rise and follow You: “What are you looking for?” And it seems that’s still Your question to those who would choose to come and follow You in every generation: “What are you looking for?” The question causes us to stop and think. It causes us to take a look deep inside our hearts and our minds, to look at our future in the light of our present, to look at what we want in the light of what we don’t have. To be looking for something means I don’t have something—something I need, or at least something I think I want. And Your question also makes us want to ask, “How did You know I was looking for something? How did You know there was something I think I need that I don’t yet have?” You know because You created us that way. You created us to innately, instinctively know deep down in the depths of our being that we were created by You and for You, that all things of this world are empty without You, because all the things of this world are ultimately centered around You. “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in Him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He himself is before all things, and in Him all things hold together” (Colossians 1:15-17). By the grace You’ve given me to choose to rise and follow You this day, I ask You, Lord, “What am I looking for?” … And it seems I hear You say, “You’re looking for Me, My son. I Am your Father and your Best Friend. I Am your Forgiver, your Refining Fire, your Comforter and Healer and Deliverer. I Am everything you’re looking for, and I Am everything you need. I Am not merely I was and I Am not merely I will be; I Am That I Am. And I Am your All in All. Seek Me as you rise up, and seek Me as you go to bed; seek Me throughout the moments of your day. Seek Me and you will find Me. I Am the One you’re looking for.” Yes, Lord. Give me eyes to see You in Your creation. Give me eyes to see You in those You’ve created—the broken and the bound, the weary and the wounded, the ones filled with joy and the ones filled with sorrow, the ones who know You well and the ones who don’t yet know that You’re the One they’re looking for. Remind me that what I do to “the least of these,” I do to You (Matthew 25:40). Let me never stop looking for You. Let me never forget You’re the One I’m looking for. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please come join us if you can and spread the word to anyone who may be interested: September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I with Messiah Ministries in Lexington, Kentucky Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers at Messiah Ministries. Scholarships are available as needed so all can attend. Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested in equipping for prayer ministry and moving forward in their spiritual gifts. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!