Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who We Are and Whose We Are 9-16-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. All that I am and all that I have belong to You. Be at the center of all I say and do today. … “ ‘Is it lawful to pay taxes to the emperor, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?’ But knowing their hypocrisy, He said to them, ‘Why are you putting Me to the test? Bring Me a denarius and let Me see it.’ And they brought one. Then He said to them, ‘Whose head is this, and whose title?’ They answered, ‘The emperor’s.’ Jesus said to them, ‘Give to the emperor the things that are the emperor’s , and to God the things that are God’s.’ And they were utterly amazed at Him” (Mark 12:14-17). As the Son of Man, You were a man of God. In every thought, word, and action, You were teaching us what it means to live a life for God in the midst of a world that doesn’t. You were teaching us how to be in the world, but not of the world. You were teaching us when to go along to get along without being carried along with the ways of the world instead of the ways of God. And everyone around You was utterly amazed at Your wisdom and integrity, as You did what You said and lived what You preached with such authority and grace. And one of the principles You taught with Your life was that we must always remember who we are and Whose we are. Are we owned by the government or are we owned by God? Are we to be controlled by the law of sin and death and taxes or by the law of the Spirit that sets us free to be Your salt and light in the midst of the laws of the world around us? We can’t live a life that honors You unless we remember every day that all we are and all we have belongs to You. “For whoever was called in the Lord as a slave is a freed person belonging to the Lord, just as whoever was free when called is a slave of Christ. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of human masters. In whatever condition you were called, brothers and sisters, there remain with God” (1 Corinthians 7:22-24). Help me, Lord. I need Your wisdom and strength. As I rise and go out into my day in this world that so much of the time either doesn’t know You or is in active rebellion against You, remind me who I am and Whose I am. Fill me now with the light of Your Spirit so I can carry Your light wherever I go. Remind me that darkness cannot overcome the light, but that light always overcomes the darkness. Keep overcoming the darkness within me—in my ways of thinking, speaking, and acting—so that You can overcome the darkness through me wherever You send me in my world today. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night Sept 17th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Jeff Centers will be leading in worship and I'll be leading in prayer this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Friends, please be keeping Messiah Ministries in prayer for financial breakthrough as we seek to be faithful to keep pressing on, never shrinking back, from the calling and vision we believe the Lord is stirring in our hearts. Thank you for all the ways you encourage us, support us, and move forward with us. God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!