Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Healing the Broken; Setting Captives Free 10-27-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Spirit of the sovereign Lord be upon me. Anoint me to preach good news to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free. Your name be glorified in my life today. … “That evening they brought to Him many who were possessed with demons; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and cured all who were sick. This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah, ‘He took our infirmities and bore our diseases’ ” (Matthew 8:16-17). Thank You, Jesus. In the sovereignty of God and the mystery of faith, You have taken upon Yourself everything that should be upon us to set us free and make us whole. When You poured out Your blood as they whipped Your back at the post and nailed Your body at the cross, You suffered for us. As You gave up Your spirit, having bled and died, You changed my life forever through Your sacrifice of love for me—for me and for all. “Surely (You have) borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet (we) accounted (You) stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But (You) were wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon (You) was the punishment that made us whole, and by (Your) bruises we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5). Thank You, Jesus. Today and every day, You offer us Your love through Your sacrifice. Today and every day You say, “Give to Me your sins and your sorrows, your infirmities and your diseases. Let Me set you free. Let me cleanse your sins in My blood; let me heal your heart in My love. I gave My all for you; will you give your all to Me?” Yes, Lord. All that I am and all that I have, I give to You. I love You because You first loved me (1 John 4:19). Use my life today and every day to share the good news of Your love for us with everyone You bring across my path. What You have done for me and in me, You want to do for all. You’re always present with the grace to forgive and the power to heal. You never leave us nor forsake us, and You are always drawing us to a deeper place of trust in You. By the presence and power of Your Holy Spirit, abiding in us, we are Your hands and feet, pouring out Your love and speaking out Your truth. As You are, so are we to be in this world (1 John 4:17). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, tonight is the night I've been longing to come! Please keep us in prayer for the Healing Revival Meeting at Moriah Chapel in Loughor, Wales, Wednesday night at 7pm. This is where the Welsh Revival began in 1904. We understand many of the youth are planning to join us, with young worship leaders in the south Wales area making the arrangements. Word has been spreading fast and we've heard of many who are coming. And many don't yet know the Lord. Heather Butler will be singing in the Spirit with her gift of prophetic psalms sang personally over the people, I'll be preaching, while Heather, Andrea, and I and a prayer ministry team will be praying for people in personal ministry. It's fairly miraculous that we have been given a chance to preach and minister like this in such a spiritual historic place! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement for us on our Encounter Wales! ministry trip and for our continuing ministry back home. May all the Lord is imparting to us be imparted to you as well! (Romans 1:11) God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!