Monday, December 13, 2010

“Nothing will be Impossible with God” - Dec 13

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I center my thoughts and open my heart to You, my God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 

“The angel said to her, ‘ ... nothing will be impossible with God.’ Then Mary said, ‘Here I am, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word’ ” (Luke 1:37-38).

The angel first spoke of the plans of God. Then the angel spoke of the power of God to make possible His plans for her life. When Mary believed, that’s when Mary said, “Here I am.” When Mary believed the truth that nothing is impossible with God, she was willing to entrust all the possibilities of her life to her God, the God who has the power to do the impossible.

And the miracle Child conceived in her womb, when the God of the impossible changed her world and ours’ through the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, would “increase in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor” (Luke 2:52). Then one day, this Child would be a Man, who would proclaim this same Truth:  “The things that are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes” (Mark 9:23, NKJV).

Mary believed, and the God of the impossible made all things possible. Mary believed, and the plans of God were made possible by the power of God for her life. So even though You are the God who can do all things and there is nothing impossible for You, You desire a people who will choose to believe You. You desire a people who will choose to trust You, love You, and obey You because they believe You. It’s when we truly believe that we’re willing to truly trust and obey with all our hearts and with all our lives.

Help me believe You more. Help me trust You and love You and obey You more and more each day because my belief in You increases more and more each day. You are the God who has the power to make all Your plans for my life come true. By the grace of God, I believe it. And nothing will be impossible for You in my life and through my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

To Comment or Reply:  TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe, Contribute, or Order Resources:  http://www.messiah-ministries.org/

Come to The Fountain This Friday Night! Dec 17 at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly, citywide gathering for Prayer, Praise & Healing Worship. All are welcome! Come drink deeply from the Living Water as we worship God in Spirit and Truth, welcoming His healing Word and Presence into our lives and the burdens on our hearts. This month, Jeff Green will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin will be leading in prayer, while I’m speaking at The Vineyard Church in Lexington for Celebrate Recovery. The Fountain is led by Messiah Ministries and hosted monthly in the Chapel at Centenary Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd., Lexington, KY 40502. If you’re in our area, please come with a friend and spread the word!