Thursday, December 30, 2010

Preparing to Spring Forth in the New Season - Dec 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. With clean hands and a pure heart, cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and purified by the fire of the Spirit, draw me up to the mountain of the Lord through the communion of prayer. 

“Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:18-19).

Thank You for the lessons of this past year. Thank You for the opportunities to grow in grace, to dig deep in humility, to reach out in love. Thank You for walking with me through every valley, standing with me through every fire, and climbing with me to every peak. You’ve never left me, never forsaken me; You’ve always been faithful be here with me through it all. And I know by faith and by experience that that will never change. Praise You, Lord—my God and Savior, my Maker and Master, my Constant Companion and Best Friend.

Now that the experiences and encounters of this past year are a part of who I’ve become, all filtered through Your hands and redeemed by Your grace, prepare my heart and soul for the year to come. Increase the sensitivity of my spirit to perceive what You are doing. Open the eyes of my heart to see all You want to show me in Your wisdom and settle my soul in peace to rest in Your goodness and faithfulness for all that You choose not to show me.

Give me courage to let go of the former things You’re leading me to entrust to Your ever-unfolding plans and boldness to embrace the new thing You’re preparing for me in the season ahead. As it begins to spring forth, let me not shrink back, but spring forth with it in expectant faith. I have no doubt that by this time next year, I will again be with You in prayer that I “might declare (Your) praise” (v. 43:21). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
I pray for God's Holy Spirit to prepare your heart for the days and season to come in this next new year of your life. May the Lord fulfill all His plans through your life, as He fills you with the "righteousness and peace and joy" of His Kingdom within you (Romans 14:17). God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer!

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays