Tuesday, January 11, 2011

“Abba! Father!” - Jan 11

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All I am and all I have, I entrust into Your care. …

“But when the fullness of time had come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’ So you are no longer a slave, but a child, and if a child, also an heir, through God” (Galatians 4:4-7).

Abba! Father! Daddy! I’m You’re son, not a slave. I’m Your child, not just part of Your creation. You know every cry of my heart. You know need of my life. You even know every hair on my head. And You care. You care deeply—even more than I can imagine.

You want to hear my questions. You want to heal my hurts. You want to lift my burdens, encourage my hopes, and inspire my dreams. You are at work in ways I do not see, moving in ways I cannot feel. All because You care for me and I am infinitely important to You. To realize that is not pride, it’s humility. It’s not thinking more highly of myself than I should, It’s thinking rightly of myself as You desire. “Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7).

You a God who cares. You a God who’s a perfect Father and a merciful Savior and a Best Friend. So in obedience and faith, I cast all my cares on You, because You care for me. Take them from me, Daddy. I’m Your child and I need Your help. I know You hear me when I call. And I know help is on its way. As I do, I breathe in deeply of the Spirit of Your Son, the Spirit of Christ within me, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). I breathe in hope of the glory of Your manifest Presence, ever abiding with me—my Father and Friend, my Constant Companion, who never leaves me nor forsakes me, who is always with me (Hebrews 13:5). And in that peace, all anxiety must flee away. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to our Ministry: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute