Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I Bow My Knees" - Jan 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me humble my heart in the sight of the Lord, that You may draw me up into the embrace of Your Presence in the communion of prayer. …

“For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name. I pray …” (Ephesians 3:14-19).

I bow my knees before You to pray. To bow my knees is to bow my heart, to bow my will. To bow my knees is to say I acknowledge Your place of authority in my life—not just my life as a whole, but the moments of my life as they unfold day by day. To bow my knees is to say I trust You and Your love for me. “I bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness; for You have exalted Your name and Your word above everything. On the day I called, You answered me, You increased my strength of soul” (Psalm 138:2-3).

As I bow down low, You lift my spirit high. As I surrender to You my will, my thoughts and my desires, You empower me with Yours. You exchange my dirt for Your gold, my rags for Your riches, my sins for Your mercy. You draw me out of my meager world I struggle to manage in my own strength and establish me in the surpassing greatness of Your glorious Kingdom, where You clothe me in Your righteousness and empower me with Your authority as a son of God. This is “the hope to which He has called (us), which are the riches of His glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurably greatness of His power for us who believe, according to the working of His great power” (Ephesians 1:18-19).

For this reason, I bow my knees to pray. For this reason entrust all that I am and all that I have to You, Lord God Most High. “O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. O that today you would listen to His voice!” (Psalm 95:6-7) In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to our Ministry: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute