Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Imperishable, Undefiled, Unfolding Inheritance - Jan 18

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Prince of Peace, be my Peace. Joy of the World, be my Joy. Fountain of Life, be my Life. ...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfolding, kept in heaven for you, who are being protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time" (1 Peter 1:3-5).

Thank You for my inheritance in heaven. Thank You that it's "imperishable"--it can't be destroyed or taken away, sealed forever in Your no-slip-grip, forever extended to the hands and hearts extended to You. Thank You that it's "undefiled"--it can't be tainted or tarnished, perfected in the holiness and purity of Your splendor and glory. Thank You that it's "unfolding"--it continues to advance and increase, infinitely expanding like the universe You created with the mighty words of God.

And thank You for my inheritance of Your protection and provision of my salvation by grace, through faith, in Christ that I experience every moment of every day in my journey toward heaven. My salvation is sure. My hope is alive. Because my confidence is in You. No matter what way I may "suffer various trials" on this side of heaven, I need not question Your great mercy and need not doubt Your steadfast love (v. 1:6).

This is why I can always say "It is well with my soul," no matter what each day may hold. This is why my soul can always sing, no matter what I may be need to endure when my faith is "tested by fire" (v. 1:7). Through new birth into this new life in Your Spirit, You've given me the gift of the freedom to choose to "rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy" (v. 1:8). This is "the outcome of (my) faith, the salvation of (my) soul" (v. 1:9).

By the mercy of Your grace and the persistence of Your unfailing love I have "come to trust in (You)" so that all my "faith and hope are set on God" (v. 1:21). This is the treasure that's stored up for me in heaven, but also the treasure that's already mine today, here on earth as it is in heaven. What an inheritance we have as sons and daughters of God in Jesus Christ our Lord! (v. 3:8) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! January 21st, our Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship, hosted in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. This month will also be a Pre-Summit Gathering of worship and prayer for our 4th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit coming up soon the weekend of February 4-5, hosted this year at Consolidated Baptist Church. A flyer is attached to forward on. All are welcome. Please come join us and spread the word!

To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to our Ministry: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute