Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Honor of Ruby - Jan 19

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I will rise, as You draw me up into the embrace of Your Presence in the communion of prayer. …

“O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted, I am about to set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires. I will make your pinnacles of rubies, your gates of jewels, and all your wall of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the prosperity of your children” (Isaiah 54:11-14).

All of Ruby’s children have been taught by the Lord. Great is their prosperity of spirit, because of the faith and hope and love she sowed into their hearts and lives. And now the pinnacle of Ruby’s life on this earth has come, as You have come to take her through the gates of jewels and wall of precious stones into the fullness of Your Presence where she’ll spend eternity with You, “face to face” (1 Corinthians 13:12). Her days of affliction and storms, discomfort from pain, and all anxieties of fear are now forever gone. Her faith has become sight, and O, what a Sight she sees! (2 Corinthians 5:6-7)

One of Ruby’s children is my dear friend and prayer partner, Carol. And with her brother, Larry and their family, they were with their mother through those sacred moments of letting go of this world and embracing the next. “Father, please!”—as if to say, “Father, I’m ready! Daddy, come get me! I’ve fought the good fight; I’ve finished my race; I want to come home!” And so You did. “What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body” (1 Corinthians 15:42-44).

No longer storm-tossed, no longer afflicted, now forever comforted. Ruby is home. To be “away from the body” is to be “at home with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8). And now we will continue to see what a legacy of faith and hope and love she has left behind in the hearts and lives of her children and children’s children, throughout all her generations. Great shall be the posterity of her children, for great has been the posterity of her faith. May Your peace fill their hearts, as they entrust Ruby’s soul to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please join with me as we hold up in prayer the family and friends of Ruby Shivertaker during this time of both grieving her loss with loved one's on earth, but also celebrating the joy her homecoming in heaven. I pray the same for you through these sacred moments of your life as well. God bless you.


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home