Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paths of Righteousness - Jan 26

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I wait for Your Word for me today. …

“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake” (Psalm 23:1-3, NKJV).

You are the Good Shepherd. Shepherd my heart this morning in the green pastures of prayer, lead my thoughts beside Your still waters, and send me out into my day upon the paths of righteousness. I shall not want if You’re all I want. As I seek You and Your Kingdom and Your righteousness, all I need will be provided for me—whether directly from the supernatural intervention of Your hand or through the people or means You choice to use to take care of me (Matthew 6:33).

You are the Source of everything good in my life. “Every good and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning” (James 1:17). And I have not righteousness apart from You, yet at the same time, in the mystery of faith, I have “become the righteousness of God in (Christ)” (2 Corinthians 5:21). By the mercy of Your grace, not by anything I’ve done, You have set my heart in right relationship with You.

That’s the path You’ve set before me to walk throughout the moments of my day—not in my power or wisdom, but in Yours alone, which You’re freely imparting to me now. That’s the path You’re preparing for me, as You restore my soul with waters of Your Spirit in this green pasture of my morning prayer. Now as I rise and go, “surely goodness and mercy shall follow me (this day and) all the days of my life” (Psalm 23:6).

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, in these critical months, we welcome your prayers and financial support for our team at Messiah Ministries--"Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." All help and encouragement is truly needed and greatly appreciated! Like a missionary of prayer, I raise my own funds to be able to lead our ministry. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you personally about our vision and calling: TommyHays@aol.com God bless you!

To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to the Calling and Vision of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute