Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Unfolding of Creation - Jan 4

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I give You my spirit, soul, and body. I give You my all, because You gave Your all for me. …

“The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:130).

In the beginning, You said, “Let there be light;” and there was light. At the moment of conception in my mother’s womb, You said, “Let there be Tommy;” and there was me. Your words bring to life all that there is. And just like at the very beginning of creation or the very beginning of me, Your words also contain all that will unfold to display the fullness of Your creation in the fullness of time (Psalm 139:16). “How weighty to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” (v. 139:17).

Your words contain the genesis of what will become revelation. Your words give illumination to what will become impartation. They are the conception that will become consummation. They are both the seed and the soil of what will become the full harvest of our lives and all creation, as Your words unfold with like a tiny acorn that unfolds into a mighty oak tree.

Give me patience to wait for the unfolding of Your words You’ve imparted and implanted within me. Give me spiritual sensitivity to keep directing my focus and opening my heart to the light they bring. Give me expectant faith for the unfolding of Your words for my life this new year and this new season. And give me the simple wisdom to understand my part to prepare and position and participate, as best as I can and all by Your grace, in the unfolding of Your plans for my life in the unfolding display of Your creation. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute