Monday, January 10, 2011

Wisdom from the One Who Knows - Jan 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You my heart, mind, soul, and strength. …

“Before they call, I will answer, while they are yet speaking I will hear” (Isaiah 65:24).

Before I pray, You already know the desires of my heart. Before I speak, You already know the petitions forming in my thoughts. You already know everything about me, in every dimension of my being and in every moment of my life—past, present, and future. You already know the temptations I’ll face, the opportunities I’ll have, and the choices I’ll make. And whether I acknowledge Your Presence, seek Your help, embrace Your guidance or not, “You are there” with me, just as You have always been there with me, and always will be there with me, through it all (Psalm 139:8-12).

So I would be a fool to fail to begin my day without seeking Your face and welcoming Your embrace. I would be a fool to fail to bow my will to Your wisdom and entrust the moments of my day to Your leading. “Those who trust in their own wits are fools; but those who walk in wisdom come through safely” (Proverbs 28:26). “Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil. So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is” (Ephesians 5:17).

To seek to “understand what the will of the Lord is” is the wisest and most important choice I will make today. That’s why I want it to be my first choice and my continual choice throughout the moments of my day. Why would I not willingly trust the One who answers before I call and knows my needs before I speak? Why would choice, instead, to foolishly trust in myself alone, denying the wisdom of the ages that’s available to me for the asking? (James 1:5)

These ancient words are forever true: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones…. Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding…. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are those who retain her…. Then you will walk safely in your way, and your foot will not stumble…. Surely He gives scorn to the scornful, but gives grace to the humble. The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the legacy of fools” (Proverbs 3:5-35, KNJV).

Lord, I need Your grace and Your wisdom. Let me know Your will so I call walk in Your ways. I welcome You to continually put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart by the leading of Your Holy Spirit throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to Our Ministry: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute