Thursday, February 03, 2011

Clothed for Battle, Carrying a Message of Hope - Feb 3

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I’m centered in You in the communion of prayer, help me begin my day with the heart of the Father, the mind of Christ, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. …

“But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation” (1 Thessalonians 5:8).

Let Your helmet cover my mind and my thoughts. Let Your breastplate cover my heart and my desires. Let Your faith, love, and hope guide me and guard me from all that may come against me as I rise and go into the battles of my day.

I put on “the whole armor of God” (Ephesians 6:11). I’m clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:27). Through the mercy and power of Your grace, I am cleansed “in the blood of the Lamb” (Revelation 7:14). And I am “filled with the Spirit” (Ephesians 5:18).

Send me now into my day. I know You’ve already gone before me, You’ll go with me, and You’ll be behind me (Matthew 28:20). I am an “ambassador for Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:20). I’m a “soldier of Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 2:3). And the hope that we have in the steadfast love of God, revealed in Jesus Christ, embraced by trusting faith in the One who loves us and gave His life for us, is my message (1 John 4:10). That’s my declaration of victory that will carry the day through every battle I’ll face. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in your prayers and come join us if you can for our 4th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit this weekend, Feb 4-5, being hosted this year at Consolidated Baptist Church. Please see our web site calendar for details: www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar
All are welcome for this city-wide and regional gathering of prayer, praise, and proclamation: "Let the walls come down!" Please pray and spread the word!


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to the Calling and Vision of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute