Monday, February 14, 2011

“The Least of These” - Feb 14

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Light of the World, light my path throughout the moments of my day. …

“And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me’ ” (Matthew 25:45).

Who are “the least of these” I will see today? This morning we’ll go out in the country to the Refuge for Women for prayer ministry with a young woman trying to come out of the strip club and sex trade industry, battling with the choice to live. Is she the least?

Some days I go into the city to try to explain our ministry of healing and deliverance, binding up the broken-hearted and setting the captives free to those whose pride won’t allow them to admit they need it to have the righteousness, peace, and joy of the Kingdom of God in their lives You paid by Your blood for them to have. Are they the least?

Some days I go into my own heart and head, struggling to believe I’m truly a son of God, the righteousness of God in Christ, loved by You and favored by You, despite all the brokenness, sins, and failures of my life—and not all of them the distant past. Am I the least?

Whoever the least are, You love them and You are for them. And as we love them, that’s a measure of how we love You. Deliver us from our hardened hearts of judgment. Free us from our prideful attitudes that make us think of ourselves more highly than we ought. Release us from the mindset that makes us think Your mercy and grace is for everyone but us—because they’re the ones who really need it.

Lord, I need it. I need Your mercy and grace. I need Your steadfast love. I need to know You love me and You are for me, no matter what. “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always accuse, nor will He keep His anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him; as far is the east is from the west, so far He removes His transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:8-12). Praise the Lord! In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in prayer as we join in a closer relationship of ministry with the Refuge for Women ( www.refugeforwomen.org ). And please consider coming or sharing the word with someone who may be interested for our next 4 Day Intensive Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ) coming up in March. And please come join us for The Fountain this Friday Night at 7 PM, our monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). God bless you!


To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute