Monday, February 21, 2011

The Protocol of the King - Feb 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I commit myself and my day into Your hands. …

“Do not put yourself forward in the king’s presence or stand in the place of the great; for it is better to be told, ‘Come up here,’ than to be put lower in the presence of a noble” (Proverbs 25:6-7).

The kings of the earth have their procedures and protocols. They take their places of power and authority, allowing only those whom they will to draw close and near. But You, O Lord, are the King of kings and the Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16). All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to You (Matthew 28:18). Before You all the kings and nobles of the earth must bow at Your name (Philippians 2:9-11). You alone open the gate of Your kingdom and invite Your guests to come dine at Your table (Revelation 19:9).

And this is Your procedure; this is Your protocol: “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you…. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you” (James 4:8-10). “Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with Me” (Revelation 3:20). “Come up here ...” (Revelation 4:1). “Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

You are my King. And You welcome me every moment of every day into Your Presence. You bend low and gather me close and lift me up into Your arms. You prepare a place for me at Your table, even in the very presence of my enemies, continually offering me the cup of Your salvation and the bread of heaven. You steadily speak to my spirit, “Come up here with me, My son, My beloved; You are always welcome with Me—you in Me and I in you, by the ever-abiding Presence of My Spirit within you.”

So I hear and so I come. So I bow low and allow You to lift me up. So I draw near and embrace Your arms, drawing me near to You—in both deep humility and with great boldness, in both the reverence of the fear of the Lord and in the intimacy of the tenderness of Your mercies. I’m a son of the King. And I always have place in Your heart and at Your table that You prepared for me from before the foundations of the earth. Praise Your holy name! It’s so much more than I could ever deserve. It’s so much more that I can even imagine. So I’m not trying to figure it all out, I’m just trying to receive this gift You so graciously want me to have. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Please come join us and spread the word with someone who may be interested for our next Messiah Ministries’ 4 Day Intensive Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry
( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ) coming up in March in Lexington.

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute