Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Heart Set Right - March 22

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Walk with me and talk with me along the steps of my day. …

“It is well with those who deal generously and lend, who conduct their affairs with justice. For the righteous will never be moved; they will be remembered forever. They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. They have distributed freely, they have given to the poor; their righteousness endures forever; their horn is exalted in honor” (Psalm 112:5-9).

The righteous are those who allow You to set their hearts right. And out of a right heart, the thoughts of their mind and the actions of their hands move in right alignment with the desires of their heart, that they’ve allowed You to form and shape. A righteous heart is steady, secure, unwavering, and unafraid. A righteous heart is generous and just, endearing and enduring. It’s triumphant over foes of fear and pride, self-righteousness and pride, confusion and deceit, jealousy and greed. And it’s the heart that You honor with Your blessing and favor.

These are challenging days. And the days ahead will grow more challenging still. So Lord, set my heart right now, so I can trust Your leading through my heart in the days to come. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You guide my steps in the paths of Your righteousness—not mine or anyone else’s. “I implore Your favor with all my heart, be gracious to me according to Your promise” (Psalm 119:58). Blessed are they whose hearts are right and whose hope is secure, by the power of the grace of our God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute