Friday, March 18, 2011

Lips and Life Aligned - March 18

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be with me, before me, behind me. Be within me, beneath me, above me. Be on my right and on my left. Be my breadth, length, height, and depth. Be all around me, yet always calling me to more surrender to Your will and trust in Your ways. Be Lord of all my life. …

“Because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in Your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. The Scripture says, ‘No one who believes in Him will be put to shame. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on Him. For ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved’” (Romans 10:9-13).

I do call on Your name. I do put my hope and trust in You alone for my salvation. But also let every area of my heart align with the words of my lips. Let me not say one thing and do another; let me not live one way when I’m with some people and another way when I’m with others. Let me be grow in the authenticity of my faith. Let my words reflect with integrity the nature of my heart.

This is the fullness of salvation—to join in the journey every day of continuing to choose the way of Christ. “But in your hearts, sanctify Christ as Lord” (1 Peter 3:15). That’s not just a prayer one day in a desperate moment of nowhere else to turn—though it can certainly begin there. It’s living a lifestyle of continuing to call on the name of the Lord, continuing to believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that I willingly choose to completely belong to You, out the deepest desires of my heart. “For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34). Lord, let my lips and life be aligned in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! March 18th, our Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month and I'll be leading in prayer as Jennifer Warren leads in worship this month. All are welcome!

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute