Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spirit of Humility - March 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You guide my steps throughout my day. …

“Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, Who, though He was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, being born of human likeness. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death—even death on a cross” (Philippians 2:5-8).

You humbled Yourself. You became obedient to the point of death. As the Son of Man, in human form, You only did what the Father told You to do; You only said what the Father told You to say. You surrendered Your will to the Father’s will and Your ways to the Father’s ways. You willingly chose to be desperately dependent upon God alone. That’s our living example of true humility.

Only Your Spirit can give us that spirit. Everything in us resists humility. Everything in us, apart from You, wants our will and our way and our time. Which is the living example of human pride. “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6). And how we need the power of Your grace in every area of our lives.

We can’t afford the price of pride—the heart of pride that says, “I’m gonna do what I wanna do, when I wann do it and however I wanna do it. I’m gonna do whatever I think I need to do to take care of myself because I’m not trusting God or anybody else to take care of me. It’s all up to me.”

Pride blocks Your grace. Pride leaves us to fend for ourselves. And Your spiritual principles have a way how well that’s working for us. Pride goes before a fall. And sooner or later, we find ourselves falling to our knees, humbled again in the sight of the Lord. But in Your steadfast love and tender mercy for each one of us, You even turn that around to work for our good. Because it’s when we humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord that You lift us up (James 4:10). Lord, give me grace to embrace Your Spirit of humility, to have this mind that was in You, Christ Jesus. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in prayer the next 4 days for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry – Level 1, that I’ll be leading on behalf of Messiah Ministries at our home base city of Lexington, Kentucky ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). With our other students, we’re very excited to have with us a team of leaders from The Refuge for Women, a local ministry we’ve partnered with for healing prayer ministry to women being rescued from the adult entertainment industry ( www.refugeforwomen.org ). Please keep their ministry in your prayers as well.

DVDs can be ordered from our web site of our School and other events.

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute