Thursday, April 28, 2011

“So I Send You” - April 28

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and my God, my Best Friend, I welcome You into every moment of my day. …



“Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so I send you.’ When He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit…’” (John 20:21-22).



Your resurrection is our resurrection. And the same power that raised You from the dead is the same power at work within us. As we breathe in Your Holy Spirit, we come alive with Your holy nature and You send us forth on Your holy mission. Just as the Father sent You, now You send us. Just as the Holy Spirit anointed and empowered You as the Son of Man for Your ministry of sharing the forgiving, freeing, healing, empowering love of God, now Your Holy Spirit anoints and empowers us to do the same in the authority of Your name.



You’re so much more than an Easter story. Your death, burial, and resurrection is so much more than a historical event from long ago that we retell and celebrate once a year. It’s our model and our way of life, as we take up our cross and follow You to walk in Your steps and continue Your mission of revealing the Father’s heart for the fullness of life to a hurting, broken, and fallen world.



As we die to ourselves, Your Spirit raises us up into newness of life in resurrection power. As the Father sent You, so You send us. How did the Father send You? He anointed You with the Holy Spirit and breathed within You His passion for people and power to set them free from all that would hold them back from being all they were created to be.



Each in our own way—fitting the nature and personality of who we are in Christ, and living in the context of where You’ve strategically positioned us for ministry—You send us forth in the authority of Your name and the power of Your Spirit. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I want to receive the breath of Your Spirit in every breath I breathe. I want to live in the power of Your love and resurrected life, sharing it with everyone You bring across my path, wherever I go. Here I am, Lord, breathe the breath of Your Spirit in me. Here I am, Lord; send me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, I join with you in prayer for all those experiencing devastation from the tornadoes and floods sweeping our nation during this season of extreme weather at home and abroad. Of course, all of these crisis are also opportunities for us to live and love in the ministry of Jesus' resurrected power to those who need God's help through our hands wherever He sends us by His Spirit.

Please keep us in prayer, as I fly to Texas today to lead the Clergy Retreat this weekend with 42 pastors and my great friend Eradio Valverde, District Superintendent of the Corpus Christi District of the United Methodist Church in Southwest Texas (www.ccdistrictumc.org). I've been asked to speak and minister on The Prayer Ministry of a Pastor and I'm very excited for this incredible opportunity to be an encouragement and blessing to these pastors in their ministries. Thank you for all the ways you cover me and our ministry in prayer to be able to make a difference in the Kingdom of God through our Resurrected Christ at home and abroad!

To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Join in the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute