Friday, May 27, 2011

Carrying Along "the Holy Things" - May 27

Good morning, Lord Jesus. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit - You are One and You are holy and You are welcome into my life today. ...
"Then the Kohathites, who carried the holy things, set out; and the tabernacle was set up before their arrival" (Numbers 10:21).
As the Israelites moved through the wilderness, some were assigned to carry the holy things to the next place for the next season along the journey. Others were assigned to go before them to prepare the way and set things right in the place they were to be.
Lord, show me my place in Your Body during every season at every place along the journey. When am I to be a carrier of the holy things and what are the holy things You've called me to carry? When am I to go ahead and pioneer the path or prepare the way for others to come so they can entrust their holy things to You.
Give me eyes to see the other parts of Your Body -- to honor and respect them, to value and appreciate them. They won't all be like me and they won't all have my assignment. But they are all needed. We are all needed, as we moved forward in the journey together, being deliberate to prepare a place for Your holy Presence.
And now, in Christ, by the mercy of Your grace, it turns out that we are the holy things You want carefully carried along to dwell in the tabernacle of Your Presence. "(Christ) has now reconciled in his fleshly body through death, so as to present you holy and blameless and irreproachable before Him" (Colossians 1:22). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends, please send me a note if you'd be interested in joining us on June 10th in Lexington for a Saturday cookout to share about my ministry trip to Africa in August, preaching the gospel in outdoor festifvals and teaching a Pastor and Leaders conference with Wesley Paul Minsitries. That day will also be my 50th birthday and I can't think of a better gift than the encouragement of my friends in my passion to share the love and power of Jesus around the world! tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org