Monday, May 23, 2011

Led by the Presence of God - May 23

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Arise and shine through my life today. ...
"On the day the tabernacle was set up, the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the covenant; and from evening until morning it was over the tabernacle, having the appearance of fire. It was always so: the cloud covered it by day and the appearance of fire by night. Whenever the cloud lifted from over the tent, then the Israelites would set out; and in the place where the cloud settled down, there the Israelites would camp. At the command of the Lord the Israelites would set out, and at the command of the Lord they would camp" (Numbers 9:15-18).
In Christ, my heart is Your tabernacle (1 Corinthians 3:16). On the day I opened it up by faith to welcome You in with trust, the communion of Your abiding Presence began to cover me like a cloud and burn within me like a fire. By day and by night, from evening until morning and from morning until evening, since that day until now, I've longed for the embrace of Your Presence. There were days, even seasons, when I didn't know that that was what I was longing for, but it always was and it always will be. You've created me that way.
Help me grow more and more sensitive to the moving of the Spirit of Your Presence throughout the seasons of my life and the moments of my day. Let me sense when it's time to camp and time to set out, when it's time to stay and time to go. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).
And I don't want to go anywhere Your Spirit is not leading, not stay anywhere Your Spirit has departed. Like Moses said on his journey through the wilderness, "If Your Presence will not go, do not carry us up from here.... In this way, we shall be distinct, I and Your people, from every people on the face of the earth" (Exodus 33:15-16). And that's what I say on my journey of eternity, through this season of wilderness in this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in prayer at the MorningStar Fellowship of Minsitries annual retreat this week outside Charlotte, North Carolina, led by Rick Joyner. I'm a member of this fellowship of ministry leaders from different streams of the river of God and parts of the body of Christ, who join together for encouragement, renewal, and prayer, and prophetic ministry every year. Please especailly pray for the divine encounters, bonds of relationship, and strategic alignments the Holy Spirit has for each of us in this coming season. (www.morningstarministries.org).

Subscribe
: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
:

www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute