Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Voice is My Trumpet - May 25

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me look and listen, watch and wait, for the leading of Your Spirit, here at the beginning and throughout the moments of my day. ...
"The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Make two silver trumpets; you shall make them of hammered work; and you shall use them for summoning the congregation, and for breaking camp.... When you go to war in your land against your adversary who oppresses you, you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, so that you may be remembered before the Lord your God and be saved from your enemies. And also on your days of rejoicing, at your appointed festivals, and at the beginnings of your months, you shall blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings and over your sacrifices of well-being; they shall serve as a reminder on your behalf before the Lord your God: I Am the Lord your God" (Numbers 1:1-10).
My voice is my trumpet - a trumpet to sound the alarm, to sing Your praises, to offer my life as a living sacrifice, to gather my spiritual family around me for comfort, for encouragement, for counsel, and to join together when we go to war over all that would seek to oppress us and keep us from being all You've created us to be.
I want the sound of my trumpet to be filled with the breath of Your Spirit. I don't want it to be just another way to toot my own horn or speak out of my own will, my own thoughts and plans, hopes and desires, apart from Yours. It's to be a mighty weapon in the hand of my God and fine -tuned instrument fitted for my Master's purposes.
It's a silver trumpet, like a precious metal refined in the fire. It's been fashioned and formed by a hammered work, like an instrument broken and hammered by the afflictions and battles of all the experiences and encounters that have given it uniqueness and character, wisdom and sensitivity, compassion and mercy. And there are two, because I'm not to be a lone voice, but a voice joined with others in the strategic alignments and divine destinies You've chosen.
Help me be humble, teachable, sensitive, discerning, courageous, and obedient, so that I know when it's time to speak and what to say. Help me never abuse what You've entrusted to me for the sake of Your ministry of encouragement and expression of Your love that honors Your name. "The Lord has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning, He wakens - wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:4).
As best as I can and all by Your grace, I embrace this gift You entrust to Your sons and daughters to hear Your voice and speak by Your Spirit as You lead. "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever" (1 Peter 4:10-11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Please send me a note if you'd be interested in joining us on June 10th in Lexington for a Saturday cookout to share about my ministry trip to Africa in August, preaching the gospel in outdoor festifvals and teaching a Pastor and Leaders conference with Wesley Paul Minsitries. That day will also be my 50th birthday and I can't think of a better gift than the encouragement of my friends in my passion to share the love and power of Jesus around the world! tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org
Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
: